What is Fresnel Lens
The Fresnel lens was invented by French physicist Augustine Fresnel, the Augustin Fresnel first used this lens design to build a glass Fresnel lens - lighthouse lens in 1822.
The Fresnel lens is a thin, flat optical lens which consists of a series of small narrow concentric grooves on the surface. Each groove is at a slightly different angle than the next and with the same focal length in order to focus the light toward a central focal point. Every groove can be considered as an individual small lens to bend parallel Fresnel light waves and focus the light. The lens actually eliminates some spherical aberration.
A high groove density has a better quality projection image. The Fresnel lens is a good solution for quality image and efficiency at a significantly lower cost. The Fresnel lens is usually corrected for spherical aberration.
Application of Fresnel Lens
The applications for Fresnel lenses include lighting, fresnel lamp, lighthouse, overhead projector, projector accessories, fresnel magnifier, reading magnifier, TV projection, condenser system, camera spotlight, automobile headlight, solar energy, solar concentrator, solar photovoltaic, screen, rear projection screen, passive motion detector, traffic sign, collimator, flight simulator, optical landing system, LED magnifier, LED photometric, LGP(light guide plate), PIR lens, stage light, virtual reality head mount display, Oculus Rift, bank ATM, car back window, etc.
1. Material: Borosilicate glass, Pyrex, Borofloat, Float glass
2. Process: Grinding, Polishing
3. Surface quality: Optical surface quality and well controlled tolerance
4. Inside quality: Clear and transparent, no mold marks, no inside bubble and dirts,
5. Function: Guide of the light beams e. G. Fresnel lens, Plano lens, Bi convex lens, Bi concave lens, Prism, Cylindrical lens, Ball lens, Spherical lens, Aspheric lens, Meniscus lens
6. Application: Lighting system, Electronics, Electrical apparatus, Industries, e. G. Lamp cover, Lamp shade, Stage lens, LED lens, Reflector lens, Sight lens, Front lens, Refractor, Molded lens, Spot lens, light shade, Light cover, glass cover, glass shade, glass sheet, temper glass.
7. Standard size: Diameter 50mm, 80mm, 110mm, 112mm, 120mm, 130mm, 150mm, 152mm, 175mm, 200mm, 250mm, 300mm, etc.
|Part No.||Diameter(mm)||Thickness (mm)|